Ski Product Manager
The Product Manager will work closely with the Head of Product and Commercial to deliver the Ski Solutions 2022-24 Product Plan, and will play a central role in the development and evolution of the longer term strategy for the business. This is a management role and the individual will join the trading management team within the business.
Day to day tasks will be varied, but at its core, the chosen candidate will assist with the buying, curation, pricing and merchandising of the ski program. Day to day functions will include contracting and management of inventory, from negotiation with suppliers through to pricing for the website, meeting with suppliers and reporting on sales performance.
Ski industry experience is essential, and the ideal candidate would already be extensively networked with partners primarily in the mainstream Alpine destinations of France, Austria, Italy and Switzerland which form the core of the Ski Solutions product range. They will also be able to bring fresh ideas and relationships to the table. You will be extensively involved in sales team training and would spend time at trade events in the UK and overseas.
This role is well suited to a highly organized individual with a high level of commercial acumen and good attention to detail. Applicants should be strong communicators, quick-witted and commercially focused, capable of scoping and championing new products and developing key product ranges.
You must be comfortable ‘rolling your sleeves’ up and getting hands on in the detail where required, but equally understand the importance of seeing the ‘big picture’ and be able to think and operate strategically. The successful candidate will be able to display evidence of demonstrable successes through their career in the travel sector.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in travel with a product/purchasing focus in our key Alpine markets. You may have broad experience across multiple destinations, or have a specialism in one or two.
- A deep understanding of the dynamics of the UK winter sports industry and the role of the product/purchasing department within a tour operating business
- Must have strong commercial, negotiation and communication skills
- A genuine passion for winter sports
- An exceptionally strong team player, able to work closely with peers across a wide variety of projects
- Confident, capable and able to make decisions – you need to be comfortable in your ability to work with relatively low levels of day-to-day supervision
- Working with the Head of P&C to build and execute the plan and contract agreed accommodation, ground transfers, ski extras securing best rates, promotional offers and exclusives
- Foster close relationships and build trust with suppliers and tourist boards
- Identifying new product opportunities and develop key product ranges
- Represent the company at trade events and contracting trips in the UK and abroad
- Conduct sales team training on products and organisation of fam trips
- Production and commercial analysis of reports
- Support with the management of accommodation and flight allocations
- Work with the marketing team to support campaign activity and merchandising across all channels
- Organise press trips and sourcing of competition prizes
- Work with the marketing team to ensure accuracy of pricing, website copy and images
- Support the day to day needs of the ski sales team, helping with ad hoc queries and product related requests
We offer a great benefits package including the following:
- Rapidly growing business with bases in the England, Scotland and Ireland, offering opportunities to grow your career within the Active Travel Group
- Regular social activities including annual end of season ski trip, summer BBQ’s and regular weeknight events
- Modern open-plan office adjacent to Brixton Market, with opportunity for hybrid home working
- Contributory pension
- Active Travel Group travel discounts
- Friends and Family discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme / childcare voucher scheme