Covid-19 Travel Disclaimer & Acknowledgment of Risk
Please note that by making a booking with us, you acknowledge that you have booked your holiday and are travelling during the Covid-19 pandemic, and as such confirm that you understand and accept:
- That there is a heightened risk associated with travelling during a global pandemic;
- You have checked and are aware of the latest travel advice from the UK government in relation to your chosen destination (which can be found here: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice and https://travelaware.campaign.gov.uk), and have made an informed decision to book your holiday;
- You shall comply with all rules, regulations, laws and requirements imposed on you, whether by governmental or regulatory authorities, suppliers, airports or ports, in relation to Covid-19, including (but not limited to) any request or requirement to submit to a Covid-19 test (including temperature testing or a swab test); or to provide contact details for the purposes of track and trace; or any requirement on you to self-isolate or quarantine, whether in destination or upon your return to the United Kingdom;
- You have purchased specialist travel insurance which includes cover for certain Covid-19 related issues or incidents which may affect your holiday, and covers you to travel to a destination against FCDO travel advice, and that you have read and accept the insurance policy wording and understand what you are and are not covered for;
- Where you have made a booking for a destination which is not on the UK’s “travel corridor” list at the date of your departure (and therefore subject to the FCDO advisory against travel), you accept that you will have to quarantine upon your return to the UK. Please note once your booking has been confirmed, in the event you decide to cancel your booking you will be subject to our standard cancellation charges, as shown in clause 6 of our booking conditions, as you made your booking with full knowledge of the FCDO travel advice.
- Where, at the time of booking, your chosen destination is on the UK’s “travel corridor” list and therefore exempt from the requirement to quarantine upon return, you acknowledge that the travel corridor list can change with very little or no notice, and if it does, you will not have the right to cancel your booking and receive a full refund. If you choose to no longer travel in these circumstances, you will have to pay our standard cancellation charges as shown in clause 6 of our booking conditions, as you made your booking with full knowledge of the risks of travelling during the Covid-19 pandemic and the FCDO travel advice.
- Please note that nothing in this Acknowledgement limits or excludes your statutory rights. In the event that we are prevented from performing your holiday contract due to Covid-19, for example if the destination goes into lockdown and we are no longer able to provide your holiday, we will comply with our obligations as a package organiser under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. However, please note that we may not be able to provide you with a cash refund where we’re unable to obtain the same from our suppliers. Some suppliers, such as airlines, may refuse to refund (for example, where the flight is not cancelled), or may only allow credit notes or a postponement. We will notify you of this at the time of cancellation and explain your available options.
- If a court finds any part of this Acknowledgment illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of this Acknowledgment operate separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- You accept that the terms of this Acknowledgment take precedence over anything to the contrary in our booking conditions, and in particular the terms of this Acknowledgement take precedence over the cancellation rights in those booking conditions.
- This Acknowledgment is governed by English law, and we both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
You confirm that you are authorised to accept this Acknowledgment of Risk on behalf of yourself and all travellers named on your booking.