Where the term Champagne Powder was trademarked.
The Ski Area
Famous for its forest terrain, excellent snowfall record, as well as great family programs. Steamboat is all about getting up the mountain, whilst it's host town of Steamboat Springs provides a spoonful of Western and a ton of welcoming atmosphere.
As an excellent choice for beginners, Steamboat offers first timer lessons and gentle green trails right up to 3000 metres up the mountain. For intermediates, 42% of the resort's 2965 acres of skiable terrain offer long, wide, groomed cruisers with views for miles in every direction.
Experts can enjoy the double black diamond designated cut trails of Steamboat's Big Mountain, as well as the 44% of off-piste terrain with conditions determined by mother nature: steep, ungroomed, powder-filled, slopes covered in gorgeous pines and aspens perfect for advanced skiers and riders.
Discover lifelong memories of shared family experiences
Steamboat has built a reputation over the past five decades as one of the best family ski resorts in North America and continues to focus on its award-winning family programs. Here are some highlights:
- Kids Ski FreeTM - children 12 and under ski free when parents purchase a lift ticket for 5 days or more.
- Kids Rent Free - children 12 and under rent free when parents rent equipment for 5 days or more.
- Rough Rider Basin - Steamboat’s kids only ski & snowboard zone, with its own surface lift and fun terrain features.
- Private Family Lessons - enjoy spending time together as a family building memories you’ll cherish for a lifetime, all while skiing or riding one of North America’s top resorts.
- Western BBQ Dinner - an evening at the Western BBQ on the mountain with delicious food, live music, dancing and special activities for the kids.
Steamboat's base village serves the great, great mountains above and recent years have seen some welcome improvements to this area. Gondola Plaza is now covered with heated pavers and The Steamboat Promenade provides a pedestrian passage all along the snow line for easy-access to shops, restaurants, and pubs.
The lively après-ski scene is further enhanced by the permanent Steamboat Stage hosting free concerts throughout the season. The main town of Steamboat Springs is just a 10 minute bus-ride away, providing over 100 restaurants and pubs as well as three supermarkets, six cinema screens, and 10 liquor stores for guests' convenience.